Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Twenty Boy Summer


Cover Image
Twenty Boy Summer
Sarah Ockler
Little Brown Books for Younger Readers
$16.99 U.S. (Hardcover)
FTC: I borrowed this book from the library.
Synopsis from Barnes and Noble:
According to her best friend Frankie, twenty days in Zanzibar Bay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy every day, there's a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there's something she hasn't told Frankie -- she's already had that kind of romance, and it was with Frankie's older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.
My Thoughts:
I was surprised by this book. I expected it to be your typical girl loses boy book where the girl is not able to move on, but I got much more than I bargained for. I absolutely loved this book. I felt so many emotions as I read each page from love to hate, from happiness to anger, from sorrow to acceptance and many more. This book was beautifully written. I think it was also very inspiring. While I did want more, this book ended in a good place. I felt like Sarah Ockler did a good job of leaving the characters in a good place. I absolutely loved the plot turns near the end, and could never have expected them. I am really glad I chose to read this book. An added bonus was the fact that it was from the library so it had the distinctive book smell, and crinkly cover.
Recommendation:
Anyone looking for a good summer love story.
Grade: A
Age: 15 and up


Quote: "Like the stars, fasing with the halo of the vanishing moon. Like the ocean, falling and whispering against the shore. Nothing ever really goes away -- it just changes into something else. Something Beautiful." ~Anna

1 comment:

  1. This sounds brilliant. Thanks for the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete