Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Being Nikki

Cover Image

Being Nikki

Meg Cabot

Scholastic Inc.

$16.99 U.S. (Hardcover)

FTC: I borrowed this book from my friend who received it from a publisher. I am providing an honest review for no compensation.

Synopsis by Barnes and Noble:

Things aren't pretty for Emerson Watts.
Em was sure there couldn't be anything worse than being a brainiac the body of a teenaged supermodel.
But it turned out she was wrong. Because that supermodel could turn out to have a mother who's gone mysteriously missing, a brother who's shown up on her doorstep demanding answers, a former best friend who's intent on destroying Stark Enterprises to avenge the death of his lost love, and a British heartthrob who's written a song about her that's topping the charts.
How can Em balance all that with school, runway shows, and weekend jaunts to St. Johns - especially when she's got ex-boyfriends crawling out of the woodwork who want more than just a photo op; a sister who is headed to the high school cheerleading championships; a company she represents that seems to be turning to the dark side...
Not to mention trying to convince the love of her life that models aren't really airheads after all...especially one model in particular.
But then, nobody said it was going to be easy being Nikki.

My Thoughts: I had long been awaiting the sequel to Airhead, and the wait was worth it. I loved Being Nikki. Being Nikki had an intriguing plot filled with twists and turns that no one could ever have guessed, including me. I found myself engrossed in the novel wondering what was going to happen and then being completely baffled when something did happen. I think that this novel surpassed its predcessor, with the twists and turns that were written in. We see Em learning to truly become Nikki, but we also see her finding more of herself as well. I love the character of Em. I can relate to her, and I find myself siding with her often. I think that reading this book takes you on a journey, you are able to see into the world of a super model, but also to travel through the changing life of a girl who only wants one boy to notice her. I think that this book was artfuly done, it kept me engaged with every page. I cannot wait for the next one.

Recommenation: Anyone who loves Meg Cabot

Grade: A

Age; 15 and up

Quote: "My eyes ended up looking more haunted than smoky." -Em as Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment