Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ella Enchanted

Cover Image vs.
Cover Image
Ella Enchanted was written by Gail Carson Levine in 1997. In 1998 It was awarded the Newbery Honor. In 2004 the beloved novel was turned into a movie starring Anne Hathaway. When it comes to comparing the two it very easy for me to say that the Book wins hands down. I have read the book many times, and love it every time I read it. I was very excited when they decided to make it a movie but then I was let down when it came out. While the basic plot was the same, the overall feelings of the book were not portrayed. I think that the large issue came because the movie came out so much later than the book. The book was a classic when the movie was made, and it is hard to replicate a classic. I would recommend reading the book, because there is much more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment