Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Because I'm Worth It

Cover Image




Because I'm Worth It




Cecily von Ziegesar




Little Brown Books for Young Readers




$8.99 U.S.




FTC: I purchased this book, it was not sent by a publisher.




Synopsis from the back of the book:


it's February and most cities are a cold, gray wasteland. But not New York. At least, not my New York. Our college applications are in and it's time to blow off some steam. Best of all, Fashion Week is jusr around the corner, giving us plenty of opportunities to get dressed up and go completely wild. And just think: The later you stay out, the quicker the days will blur bu. See you out there!




You know you love me,


gossip girl




My Thoughts:

If you know me you know that I will have loved this book, because well it is Gossip Girl and therefore amazing! I really enjoyed the plot of this book. It had a more edgy vibe as you read, and in true gossip girl fashion it had scandal. That made for a much more interesting twist in certain sections. In this book we see a much more vulnerable side to Blair. I loved getting to view her characters in a different light and it also created some sympathy for her in my mind. We are also able to see the true colors of the Humphrey siblings. I think this book had enough going on to keep my mind from wandering. I loved the changes that the characetrs experienced. Face it a book with adultery, cheating, fashion shows, and love in rehab is always good.

Recommendations: Anyone who wants a good juicy read.

Grade: A

Age: 15 and up

Quote: She might have loved him, but she was having a kick-ass time without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment