Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know

Cover Image

What My Girlfirend Doesn't Know

Sonya Sones

Simon Pulse

$7.99 U.S.

FTC: I borrowed this book from a friend. They did not receive it from a publisher.

Synopsis by Barnes and Noble:

My name is Robin. This book is about me. It tells the story of what happens when after almost 15 pathetic years of loserdom, the girl of my dreams finally falls for me. That seems like it would be a good thing, right? Only it turns out to be a lot more complicated than that Because I'm not gonna lie to you -- there are naked women involved. Four of them, to be exact. Though not in the way you might think. Don't get me wrong -- my girlfriend's amazing. But the way things have been going lately, I'm starting to believe that the only thing worse than not getting what you want, is getting it.

My Thoughts:

I found myself getting frustrated while I read this book. While I did like parts of it, most of it made me angry. I could not quite relate to the characters, it may have been age or just their general lack of personality. Robin had a ahrd time owning up to who he was, even if he tried portraying differently. His relationship with Sophie was just a disaster. I think that when two people only rely on eachother it is destined to end poorly, as happened in the book. The book was by far not the worst thing I read, it was just not what I expected. I remember reading Sophie's story in What My Mother Doesnt Know a long time ago and loving it, so maybe there was just to much time in between. Since the book was in verse I was able to read it quickly and I think that helped keep my attention.

Recommendation: Anyone who has fel their relationship is forbidden

Grade: B-

Age: 13 and up

Quote: "Still, it's a relief to be together when no one else is around." - Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment