Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lipstick Apology

Cover Image

Lipsitck Apology

Jennifer Jabaley

Penguin Group

$9.99 U.S.

FTC: I borrowed this book from a friend, who received it from a publisher. I will provide an honest review without compensation.

Synopsis by Barnes and Noble:

Sometimes a good-bye is just the beginning...
When Emily Carson's parents die in a plane crash, she's left with nothing but her mother's last words scrawled in lipstick on a tray table: "Emily, please forgive me."
Now it's fall and Emily moves to New York City— where she attracts the attention of two very different boys: the cute, popular Owen, and her quirky chemistry partner, Anthony. With the help of some surprising new friends, Emily must choose between the boy who helps her forget and the one who encourages her to remember, and ultimately heal.
Debut author Jennifer Jabaley has written a wonderful, feel-good romantic comedy with real emotional depth. Full of lovably wacky characters, Lipstick Apology is a heartwarming story about the true meaning of forgiveness

My Thoughts:

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I found it to be a heartfelt story about loss as well as forgiveness and love. I think that Emily was a great lead female character. She was very relatable and you found yourself empthyzing with her. This message portrayed many good values, but never came off as preachy. Throughout the book the characters learned forgiveness, as well as the ability to love yourself. I think that this made me love the book even more. Jennifer Jabaley addressed some very big issues, but she did it with poise. I think that this novel is very empowering for women. I absoloutely loved it. I think the charcter development was well done. I was able to feel as if I had known these people my entire life.

Recommendations: All Girls!!!

Grade: A

Age: 14 and up

Quote: "the sStatue of Liberty, the universal symbol of freedom was perched on a small twelve-acre island in the middle of the rocky, turbulent Hudson River. And suddenly it occured o me: maybe that's because the road to freedom is never a cal journey. Maybe you have to battle the currents to reach the ultimate giak, Freedom from the grief. Freedom from the mystery. Freedom from the truth." ~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment