Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Prada and Prejudice

Prada and Prejudice
Mandy Hubbard
Penguin Books
$8.99 U.S.
Synopsis by Barnes and Noble:
To impress the popular girls on a high school trip to London, klutzy Callie buys real Prada heels. But trying them on, she trips...conks her head...and wakes up in the year 1815!
There Callie meets Emily, who takes her in, mistaking her for a long-lost friend. As she spends time with Emily's family, Callie warms to them—particularly to Emily's cousin Alex, a hottie and a duke, if a tad arrogant.
But can Callie save Emily from a dire engagement, and win Alex's heart, before her time in the past is up?
More Cabot than Ibbotson, Prada and Prejudice is a high-concept romantic comedy about finding friendship and love in the past in order to have happiness in the present.
My Thoughts:
This book was adorable! I absolutely loved it. It was the erfect combination Jane Austen and the 21st century. I love Callie she was an amazing character. Her spunk was so evident and fun. She had so much life. This was Mandy Hubbard's first novel it holds promise for more great work to come. I loved being able to follow Callie as she grew into herself, and her Prada shoes. The setting was amazing. I loved being taken back into 19th century England. Hubbard did an amazing job of making you feel like you were actually there. I also loved Alex. His charm reminded me of Gavin from The Seasons. I could actually see him, when I read his name. This book was astounding!
Recommendations:
Anyone looking for a more modern take on Jane Austen's world.
Grade: A
Age: 13 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment