Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Betrayed

Cover Image

Betrayed

P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

St. Martin's Griffin

$8.95 U.S.

FTC: I purchased this book myself

From the back of the book:

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night finishing school. She finally feels like she belongs, even gets chosen as the Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all she actually has a boyfriend . . . or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the vourage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

My Thoughts:

And the plot thickens..... Immediately as I began reading this book I got sucked in. The plot got messy right away and I had to keep reading just to keep up with the characters. The Cast duo is able to compose a novel that is full of everything from romance to suspense, and murder to deception. The emotions run the gamut in the book. I absolutely love how Zoey has grown from the first book, but we still see her struggle. She is finally gaining an understanding of her abilities, but now she is having trouble in the boy department. I am not going to lie there are times when Zoey deides to get hot and heavy in the book, but it fits in well and shows the reader more of her character. I cannot wait to read the next book, the ending of Betrayed was so intense. he title fit perfectly and near the end all the pieces began falling together and I was able to guess what was happening. This book held my attention from start to end, and I loved it.

Recommendations:

Anyone wanting to know what being betrayed feels like.

Grade: A

Age: 16 and up

Quote: "It still seemed wrong to me, but maybe that was because I was only a month into the Change and still more used to being humanthan vamp, or even fledgling." ~Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment