Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blue Moon

Cover Image

Blue Moon

Alyson Noel

St. Martin's Griffin

$9.99 U.S.

Synopsis by Barnes and Noble:

Eager to learn everything she can about her new abilities as an Immortal, Ever turns to her beloved Damen to show her the way. But just as her powers are increasing, Damen’s are waning.
In an attempt to save him, Ever travels to the magical dimension of Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen’s tortured past; a past which he has always kept hidden from her. But in her quest to cure Damen, Ever discovers an ancient text that details the workings of time. Now Ever must choose between turning back the past and saving her family from the accident that claimed their lives—or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows sicker every day...

My Thoughts:

I was so excited for his book to come out, especially because it came out a month before I thought it would and about a week after I read Evermore. I sat down and read the entire book the day it came out. Let me just say the book as a whole but the ending was crap. I got so pissed at ever that I began refering her as Ever Stupid. This is besides the point. I truly did enjoy this book we began to learn more about Ever and Damen, but mostly about Ever and her determination. This book was actually sadder than the first because a new character comes along and Damen begins to pull away from Ever. My main problem was with ever in the final chapters and the decisions she made, this however shows how well Alyson Noel writes. I became so invested that when things did not turn out as I expected I got angry. I NEED the next book to come out.

Recommendation: I would recommend this book again to anyone looking for a summer read.

Grade: A- (Only because of Ever's decision in the end)

Age: 14 and up

Extras:

Be on the look out for the next book in the series Shadowland which will be coming out in either January or February 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment