Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Review: Heist Society

Cover Image

Heist Society

Ally Carter

Disney Book Group

$16.99 U.S. (Hardcover)

FTC: I borrowed this book from a friend.

Synopsis:

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her to the Louvre . . . to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria . . . to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own — scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.
Soon, Kat’s friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring her back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has good reason: a powerful mobster’s priceless art collection has been stolen and he wants it returned. Only a master thief could have pulled off this job, and Kat’s father isn’t just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.
For Kat there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it’s a spectacularly impossible job? She’s got two weeks, a teenage crew, and, hopefully, just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family’s (very crooked) history — and with any luck, steal her life back along the way.

My Thoughts:

This book was a really big deal when it came out, I remember a lot of bloggers talking about it. I, being lame and apparently not up to date, had no idea what the big deal about Heist Society was, that is until I read it. I really got into the action of Heist Society and the journey that Kat and Hale took. I loved the travel and the secrets and lies, as well as the disguises and fake names. This book was fast paced and fun and it was like I was in a James Bond movie while I read it. I don't think I had ever read a spy book up[ until I decided to read Heist Society and I will say that I am no opposed to reading more. In a way Kat reminds me of Mulan. Both are fierce and independent, they are used to doing business with the boys and are able to keep up. I think Kat was an amazing role model for young girls, minus the stealing part. I loved the high energy of the book and I found myself trying to stay one step ahead of the mystery. This book kept me on my toes and was lots of fun to read.

Recommendations:

Anyone feeling up to a little heist...

Grade: A

Age: Young Adult (14+)

No comments:

Post a Comment