Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ink Exchange

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile guys! I have been busy reading not blogging lol. I will try and keep up but like I said I am busy reading and trying to finish a bunch of books before school starts.



Cover Image

Ink Exchange


Melissa Marr


HarperCollins Publishing


$8.99 U.S.


Synopsis by Barnes and Noble:

Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.
Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.
The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils. . . .

My Thoughts:

This book was alright. I stuck it out until the end hoping for a happy ending and was given an okay one. While I found Wicked Lovely to be dark, Ink Exchange was even darker. There seemed to be no happiness in this book, and that is what I longed for. I think that I was confused by many elements of this book, and that did not help. The story was told from the perspective of different characters in this sequel, and I think many things were left up for reader discretion. The plot moved well, and I did find myself wanting to know what would happen next, but then was disappointed. I enjoyed the times when Leslie was with Niall, but was throughly depressed when they did not end up together. I think my favorite character in this book was Aislinn even though she was less prevalent in this book. I believe she stepped up and took her responsibility. I enjoyed seeing how she chose to rule her people. My favorite idea of the book was the tattoo. Melissa Marr made the description so vivid I could not help but be intrigued, and the entire idea was very interesting.

Recommendation:

Someone in the mood for a dark fantasy book.

Grade: B-

Age: 15 and up


No comments:

Post a Comment