Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

6 Hour Reading Challenge

Hey guys!
I am soooooo sorry I haven't been keeping up on my blogging. I have been so intent on reading that I just could not tear myself away! But I did take part in the challenge today so I have a review for ya! I was able to finally finish the 7th Harry potter book which has been taking up most of my time recently, so here is the review:

Details

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

J.K. Rowling

Publisher Scholastic Inc.

$27.99 U.S. (Hardcover)

Synopsis by barnes and Noble:

It all comes down to this - a final faceoff between good and evil. You plan to pull out all the stops, but every time you solve one mystery, three more evolve. Do you stay the course you started, despite your lack of progress? Do you detour and follow a new lead that may not help? Do youlisten to your instincts, or your friends?Lord Voldemort is preparing for battle and so must Harry. With Ron and Hermione at his side, he's trying to hunt down Voldemort's Horcruxes, escape danger at every turn, and find a way to defeat evil once and for all. How does it all end?

My Thoughts:

I am so ashamed of myself for not reading this book sooner. I waited and bought it the day it came out but did not take the time to read it until now. This book was pure amazement. I absolutely loved it. When I finished reading it I was overwhelmed with relief. There was no better way for the book to end. Every loose end was tied up and everything seemed perfect. I was lucky enough not to have had any secrets spilled to me in the two years I postponed reading it, so I was surprised, shocked, and dismayed at many points in the book. Reviewing a book like Harry Potter is very difficult. It is a book that almost everyone has read. We all know and love the characters and tories, so how do I show how I felt about it in a new way. I am not sure how, so I will say I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. I think I actually appreciated it more since I took the time to read it. I don't think I was ready before, so it all felt even more real now. After reading all the books I feel like I know the characters, and many of them grew even closer to my heart in this book. They all grew in ways that I thought unimaginable. I was so proud of them all. The story line was amazing. I believe that J.K. Rowling wrote the best story possible. She knows these chracters inside and it out and was able to form a journey that would try and teach them all. This book was amazing. Perfect ending. Best book I have read in a long time.

Recommendation:

Do I have to make one, everyone should read this.

Grade: A+

Age: A lot of scary things happen in this book but I set the age low knowing that so many kids have read this book, and that Harry Potter is like a right of passage. 12 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment