Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging

Cover Image
Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging Confessions of Georgia Nicolson
Louise Rennison
HarperCollins Publishers
$8.99 U.S.
Synopsis by Banres and Noble:
There are six things very wrong with my life:1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.2. It is on my nose3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.
In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Jones's Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it's "Fabbity fab fab!"
My Thoughts:
My first thought is lol. This book is truly laugh out loud hysterical. Georgia is the true female character. I love British humor. I think that this book takes you on a journey with Georgia and you truly are able to see what she sees. It is written in the form of a journal, so nothing is censored and no one is spared. I loved everything about this book, I remember reading it about 6 years ago, and dying of laughter then, and I decided to read it again and continue on in the series. This book is a must read, the charactrs are amazing and everyone has a little bit of Georgia in them.
Recommendation:
Anyone wanting a laugh
Grade: A+
Age: 14 and up
Extras:
There are other covers for this book. I chose to use the newer one for my blog because later in the series they will match better. Also this has been made into a movie. It is caleed Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Songging. It has yet to be released in the U.S. but with some skill it can be found and watched. It was an amazing movie. Also the Sex God's band in the book the Stiff Dylans does exist. They formed for the movie, and I have to say they are prely amazing so check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment