Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Hunger Games

Details

The Hunger Games

Suzanne Collins

Scholastic Inc.

$17.99 U.S. (Hardcover)

FTC: I received this book from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.

Synopsis by Barnes and Noble:

Sixteen-year-old Katniss is smart, athletic, and fast. She can take down a rabbit with a bow and arrow, hitting it straight through the eye. Will these skills be enough to survive the Hunger Games?

My Thoughts:

Wow

I do not think I have read a book of this quality in a while. This was by far the best book I have read all year. The Hunger Games was a gripping novel, and I could barely put it down. Suzanne is a phenomenal author. When I received the book I was in the middle of reading something else, so I let my dad read it. A couple days later my mom was reading it and then they both began pestering me to read it. I obliged and picked up the book to make them happy. Once I read the first chapter I could see why they wanted me to read it so much. Katniss Everdeen is a heroine like no other. Throughout the book you see her struggle as she enters the Hunger Games and fights for her survival. I was able to connect with the character immediately. The plot was enticing and suspensful. I was on the edge of my seat from chapter to chapter waiting to see what would go wrong next. I absolutely loved not being sure of what was going to happen next. Each page held a new surprise for me. I also think that Suzanne did an amazing job on describing setting. As I was reading I could feel myself in District 12, Panem, and the Hunger Games. When Katniss went to the Hob I could imagine what it looked like. When she entered the Games and saw the Cornucopia I was there. The author's attention to detail made this book so believeable it was hard to believe that this book could be fiction. I absolutely loved this book.

Recommendation:

Everyone. It was like nothing else I have ever read before.

Age: 14 and up

Grade: A+++

No comments:

Post a Comment