Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gone

Cover Image

Gone

Lisa McMann

Simon and Schuster

$16.99 U.S. (Hardcover)

FTC: I borrowed this book from a friend.

Synopsis by Borders:

Janie is spending her summer with Cabel, but deep down she's panicking about how she's going to survive her future when getting sucked into other people's dreams starts to takes its toll.

My Thoughts:

I was a little disappointed in the end to this series. I absolutely loved Wake and Fade, and Gone was not the same caliber. I felt like the characters completely changed in this book. Janie closed herself off to Cabel, which was unlike her. There seemed to be a huge disconnect with the characters, and they acted differently than they had in the previous books. It took more of an effort for me to read this book when in the past I was able to breeze through them. I am glad I finished the book and the series, but I had hoped for a better ending. The Wake series was unique and I absolutely loved reading it, but Gone was not my favorite.

Recommendations: Anyone who wants closure to the Wake Trilogy.

Age: 15 and up

Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment