Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Wish

Cover Image

Wish

Alexandra Bullen

Scholastic Inc.

$17.99 U.S. (Hardback)

FTC: I received this book from the publisher with the understanding that I would provide an honest review for no compensation.

Synopsis by Barnes and Noble:

For broken-hearted Olivia Larsen, nothing can change the fact that her twin sister, Violet, is gone... until a mysterious, beautiful gown arrives on her doorstep. The dress doesn't just look magical; it is magical. It has the power to grant her one wish, and the only thing Olivia wants is her sister back.

With Violet again by her side, both girls get a second chance at life. And as the sisters soon discover, they have two more dresses-and two more wishes left. But magic can't solve everything, and Olivia is forced to confront her ghosts to learn how to laugh, love, and live again.

In a breathtaking debut from Alexandra Bullen, WISH asks the question: If you could have anything, what would you wish for?

My Thoughts:

Wish was absolutely adorable! It took me a few chapters to really get into the story, but then I was hooked. Alexandra Bullen did an amazing job with her debut novel. Olivia is one of the most relateable characters I have ever read about. I felt like I knew the emotions she went through at school, and how sometimes it is so hard just to fit in. Violet on teh other hand took some getting used to. When she first came into the story, I was not a fan because she was bossy, but her character grew on me. I liked the idea of wishes being given but no just to a Cinderella character. I think Wish took an idea we have all heard before and transformed it into something different completely. The character development was amazing in the book. Each character fit well with the others and they played well off of eachother. This was a fun book to read.

Recommendations:

Anyone looking for a cute read.

Grade: A

Age: 14 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment