Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

I Heart You, You Haunt Me

Oh goodness it has been forever since I posted. College started Monday so I have been super busy. From the look of my classes I will not be able to read as much as I hoped this term :( I am going to try and keep up on posting but I may have to cut back to 2 or 3 a week now. SO with no further ado here is a review. I met Lisa Shroeder last Friday night, and I just had to buy her book. It is an amazing story, and she is an amazing lady and I was glad I took some time out to read this.

Cover Image
I Heart You, You Haunt Me
Lisa Schroeder
Simon Pulse Publishing
$7.99 U.S.
Synopsis by Barnes and Noble:
Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back...
...sort of.
Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear hisvoice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she'scrazy, but she knows he's here.
Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.
My Thoughts:
This book was amazing. It was written in verse form which made it very easy to read, but also provided it with a flow that can only be described as elegant. I loved this book. It was a heartfelt story of not only loss, but guilt and in the end moving on. I loved Ava's character. I felt like by the end of the book I truly did know her. I think the way that Lis wrote her was very believable, and she was easy to connect with. I also really enjoyed her friends. They reminded me of my friends, and it was fun seeing how each was difference but how they held eachother together. The ending was amazing. Lisa did an amazing job of creating an ending that left a reader with a sense of relief and closure.
Recommendations:
It is a quick read and I think everyone should read it!!
Grade: A
Age: 14 and up

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much - I'm really glad you liked it!

    Good luck with your college classes. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete