Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

New Moon

"The stage directions were simple: They fight. Paris falls."
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

~Break it Down~

Characters 8/10

Uniqueness 9/10

Plot 9/10

Well-developed 10/10

Grade 37/40 = 93%

language 10/10

sexual content 9/10

violence 7/10

darkness 7/10

grade 33/40 = 83%

~From the Back~
I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. Whole. I could feel my heartracing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came of his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect -- not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.

~My Thoughts~
While New Moon is not as thrilling as its predecessor Twilight it does play a key part in the series. This story focuses more on the character of Jacob Black than Edward Cullen. I am not a big fan of Jcob so that did not intrigue me. The book is slow in the beginning but lays lots of details out that will be neede din the following books. It begins to become more intersting in the last few chapters. It becomes action packed and suspense filled. I did enjoy this book after I finished the series but not so much as I read it.

1 comment: